Wine Shop Manager
Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wine Shop Manager oversees the daily operations and profitability of Eataly’s wine store. Reports to the Beverage Director and manages the Wine Shop team.
- Manages the wine shop team: hires, schedules, trains, motivates, submits payroll and evaluates
- Leads sales analysis and reviews budgets to ensure efficient operations; identifies areas for growth
- Oversees inventory and purchases wine and supplies from vendors
- Maintains a guest-centric, learning environment, training staff on the unique qualities of Italian wines
- Shares knowledge of wines with guests and makes recommendations
- Coordinates interdepartmentally to organize tastings, special activities and promotions for the wine shop
- Documents, investigates, esclates and resolves all employee and guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years of experience in wine retail as a manager
- In-depth knowledge of wine, in particular Italian wines
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in sales analytics procedures and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Passion for Italian food and wine culture
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
Benefits And Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit eataly.hrmdirect.com.